View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 07:38 PM   #79
no1gtkid
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Another pic of my CRF at Griffith peak

This is me with the bike at Griffith peak at My Charleston Las Vegas and about 30 mins from my house. Yes, I pulled the side plates off for this ride to see the difference on wind at 75 MPH on the paved road home. This peak I believe is the third highest in Southern Nevada and 43 highest in state.

I do like the bike and have been going over in my mind Keep and add for about 1k a Big bore kit. I was also thinking of just adding two more bikes to my little stable a DRZ400 for the long road trips with dirt trails in the end and a BMWF650GS for long road trips and light dirt trails.

Clark Manufacturer is coming out with a bigger tank for the CRF.

I was also toying with the idea of changing sprockets. A 14t up front and a 51 out back with a 102 link. This will give me a a 5% drop in Torque but raise my speed 5%. Again mainly a commuter and not a hard core dirt runner.

By the way these tires work well on hard dirt trails and on pavement. Not so great in lose stuff. So speeds need to be balanced between 25-30 MPH to stay up and if slips twist the throttle just a bit.
Attached Images

no1gtkid is offline   Reply With Quote