View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 09:01 PM   #103
flyboats
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
Open Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrolburner View Post
I think it went more like, "I give up! You win! God I just want a piece of straight open highway..."

Sounded just like Ewan McGregor as he's riding some of the most epic terrain in Mongolia, "Whatever happened to just a bit of tarmac, you know, just a little bit of asphalt? And what happened to third, fourth, fifth and sixth gears? Whatever happened to dry clothes? Whatever happened to being able to sit on a motorbike without falling off it?"

Different strokes for different folks. I could sit on my bike in several positions since I could put my feet on the highway pegs, normal pegs, or lay down like a rice rocket and put my feet on the passenger pegs. It didn't matter. My back hurt in every position. Unless the road was twisty, then I was fully concentrated on trying to brake later and hold more speed through the corners. It was the only place I could hold off the Tiger and also the only place that could keep my mind off the constant pain and fatigue in my back. Once the road straightened out I might accelerate up to 85 or 90, but the KLX is just tapped out and screaming at that point and I back off to a more comfortable speed. The straight open road was the worst for me, and here Dad is begging for it
I like when the GPS says turn right in 394 miles!
flyboats is offline   Reply With Quote