View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 09:10 PM   #1603
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
First time poster here but I have followed this thread and you are one of the riders I follow and root for during the race.

Given that you have some time and the desire to generate some money, I wondered if you have thought about reaching that goal through speaking engagements, similar to what Lois Pryce has done. Your writing is entertaining and informative so I have to assume that would carry over to in person. Just a thought.

Anyway, the best of luck to you on both endeavors!
Thank you for your kind words (that goes for everyone who's posted recently too!)...

I have been asked by a number of groups to do a talk/presentation on my 2011 Dakar campaign, and it is certainly something I will utilize as part of my 2013 campaign... I'm never going to get rich doing that, but it will certainly help, and more importantly, you never know who is going to be in the audience of course...

I really do appreciate all the support this thread on ADV has created, and really do hope you'll all be along for the new campaign once it is up and running in the new year...

My intention is to spend the next few months getting the bike refurbished and ready to race again, and not least try and lose some of the inevitable pounds I will gain these next couple of weeks in the USA (trying really hard not to break anything again!)... then, lets all take a couple of weeks off in January and cheer on this year's fools eh?, and post Dakar 2012 and the run up to entries for 2013, I'll be launching the new website, new campaign and all the associated hoohah I can!

Watch this space, as they say...

Toot toot!

Jenny x
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote