Thread: Gold'n Sands
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 07:24 AM   #34
Sundowner OP
Bort

Oddometer: 3,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC8TY View Post
Muesli bread in a camp oven, sitting in the bush listening to the ABC on the wireless, this ride report has it all.

Except for the bit when you find a large nugget, ride to a Yamaha dealer and say "I'll take that Super Ten 1200 thanks mate"

Great stuff.
Thanks mate, there's some great stuff still to come. You're right about the new Super Tenere idea. No hessitation from what I've seen the Aussie guys doing with them. The ABC was a great listen when you haven't spoken to anyone for days. I really enjoyed guessing through the nightly quiz. Some of the music wasn't that bad either. F#ck, I must be getting old. Enjoying the ABC is the start of a rapid downhill slide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneAgain View Post
i dunno, but i think living on so much museli... there is not gonna be any 'large nuggets' for a while...

Great work Sundowner.... been bustin all day for the next installment.....

Thanks mate, glad you're enjoying it. It's a great area to visit, when you get a new bike. Re those nuggets, I found the diet and exercise that good, I actually lost two belt notches. Not that that's too hard digging holes and walking all day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senfiddy View Post
You ain't alone.

Nice idea - carrying a detector. Hope you get some.

Cheers,
Graeme
I found something amazing, but you'll have to wait to find out what and how big it was. It's coming up soon. It made the trip for me, finding it.
Say 3 Hail KLRs and recite the old Honda "skid demon" warning 3 times." - CA Stu.
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote