View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 10:42 AM   #21
OLEARY OP
Enlightened Voyager

Oddometer: 2,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by njoytheride View Post
EPIC !! that's the only word that even comes close to describe the pictures and the experence ! I was born in Wyoming ( don't hear that everyday ) thanks for sharing. <>< craig
It was Epic for me thats for sure. I have never riden on a long cross country like that. Went well and Bill and I had a great time. Saw some beautiful country. Wyoming was quite an experience, mostly because of the weather. It was touch and go there for a while when we were riding thru the wind, lightning, rain, and hail. But like they say What doesn't kill ya will just make you stronger. I will remember that experience forever because it is burned into my skull Thanks for your comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkridergc View Post
Great pictures guys and plenty of them. You both got a lot of nice shots. Really grand vistas out there aren't they? What sort of elevations did you see and how were the temps at night? Frost?
Gary
Temps at night were mostly in the 60's. We hit it just right as far as the weather. Elevations were mostly in the 6500-8500 range with an occasional 9500 once in a while. No frost. The weather has really turned since we left. A cold front started to come thru Labor Day weekend and Georgetown on Saturday was 35 degrees in the morning. My friends just emailed me and said it was raining up Berthoud Pass and snowed 2" at 12000 feet.
Colorado/Moab 2012
Occasionally the tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.
OLEARY is offline   Reply With Quote