View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 10:21 PM   #81
jackpiner57 OP
Moto-Racks.com

Oddometer: 1,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagespeed View Post
i dig the rack, might want one for my DR when you get them done. i say stick to the square tube, fuel cell on left and a tool tube bracket on the right above the exhaust.

sign me up!
Those are some good ideas that I am going to consider for testing. If all goes well I'll include them as options on the new racks.

While I also like the square tube, the reason I'm considering switching to round tube, is that there will be a lot less grinding after welding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oclv454 View Post
I have one of these racks and it is terrific. I have the square tubing and like it (personally) for better contact between the rack and my tail bag. It has the new style rounded corners and four bungee loops on the bottom. I asked Tom to move the bungee loops more towards the middle instead of at the corners and this has worked out well. Tom also built it with the RotoPax option. It is very sturdy and it works in conjunction with my Dirt bagz racks (just had to remove a slight bit of the plastic fender on the left side, non noticable). I would highly recommend this rack if you need a larger rack for longer trips.

Hopefully Tom didn't get flooded from Irene like many Vermont towns like my hometown of Bethel VT. oclv
Thanks OCLV, nothing makes me happier than a satisfied customer! Glad to hear that it worked with the Dirt Bagz racks.

I was lucky that I live on a hill and the house was unaffected by the storm. The bridge a half mile away didn't fare so good.

I'm hoping to get over to Bethel to check out the Class 4 and Legal Trails with a friend soon.

"I sort of realize there's a fundamental truth to our nature. Man must explore." -CMDR. David R. Scott
jackpiner57 is offline   Reply With Quote