View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 02:38 PM   #159
Square4
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
Tires

Drone; thanks for the update on your tires. I was running a Federal all season tire and it only got about 5,000 miles which I think is related to using softer rubbers in an inexpensive all seaon tire. My Arizonan has about 2,000 miles on it and looks like it has very little wear - I am going to get much better mileage than with the Federal tire. I have been running a Metzeler ME 880 Marathon the front and have over 6,000 mileson it. It seems to be wearing like your K-60 Scout but does not have nearly as aggressive a tread desing as the K-60 Scout. I am not sure how much difference the front design makes since there is so much reduced weight on it and lots of mass pushing it around. H9owever, I will be looking to try the tires you are using for my next replacements.

I was also looking at the snow chains that you have gotten for your rig and was wondering if you have done more than just install them? I have a 2002 GSA and there is not a lot of clearance between the tire and the rear swing arm as well as the muffler. One is going to need to keep the chains very tight to make sure that everything does not get beat up by a loose chain. Just wondering if you have had any experience running these chains?

Steve
Square4 is offline   Reply With Quote