Old 09-11-2011, 05:46 AM   #196
blaster11 OP
Fundy Rally next!

Oddometer: 6,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailer View Post
Bruce

I just wanted to thank you
I'm in Lab City this morning heading east.
I have been reading road reports for one year trying to prepare and learn what is needed to do this trip.
Your planning thread was the best of all of them, as far as detailed usefull infomation.

you also planned the timing of your trip perfectly
as Im getting ready to suit up for today's ride east. it is 39F degress (4 C) w showers
at least it will keep dust down.

I know, I know

"'SUCK IT UP " ( I wanted to be the 1st to call myseft out )

the trip has been great so far, the twisty, both on payment and dirt coming up from from Baie Comeau yesturday were a blast.

besides the grader berms , IMHO I thought the1st gravel section of road is in great shape ,
Alot faster then I ever thought t was going to be,

Thank You again
Thanks and I am glad I could help out. Enjoy the ride because it will be over sooner than you think and then you will want to turn around and do it the other way. Dana and I really considered getting back on the ferry and going back counterclockwise, we really enjoyed the ride that much. I thought the section going to Manic 5 (asphalt) was really fun to ride, lots of turns and elevation changes. Most if not all of us found the first section of gravel, 389, to be the most challenging. Probably because we were just getting started and had no idea what the day/road would bring. We made it through fine but we did have a few interesting moments, and that's where I realized that what everyone said about staying focused was dead on. Stay focused and the trip will go well, although a little fast. Go out to Esker if you can that was one of the more memorable rides! Keep us updated when you can.