View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 02:12 PM   #34
The Toyman
Handy not Handsome

Oddometer: 753
Toymans Day 2

Sorry for the delayed report, We pack up and get ready to head out of Meeker

We head out with Oleary in the lead, all of a sudden my bike starts coughing and sputtering and dies, I coast to the side of the road. I tear into my tool pack and check to see if the carb bowl has fuel, wooo water in my fuel when I drain it, still won't start so I pull the plug and it has some deposits, I clean them off and stick it back in and she fires right up, my that was luck. Just as I am getting it put back together Oleary is looking for his lost sheep. We head out and it stutters some more and my maximum speed is 45 to 50 so I lead and Oleary follows.

What a beautiful moring!

Yup he is still back there

Another great View

Kenny Reservoir north of Rangley, Co.

As Mr Oleary stated this mud hole was a challenge and we finally figured a way around it through a shorter section to the east of it and it was still a challenge.

Only to find this one around the corner, does not look like much but that was one slick and mucky mess and we made it though sith ease and a few rooster tails flyin

More beautiful scenery

Oleary still hot on my trail

Little did we know that this was the beginning of the most breath taking views of the trip for us.

Breathtaking but there is more!

Yup here comes

This is what memories are made of

Oleary taking it all in

Even my Pig enjoys the view

Oleary getting a closer view of the Yampa river

Echo Canyon Camping area

Heading out of Echo Canyon

Storm a brewing to the west

We just rode through this rain storm just south of Vernal, could not see the front fender of my bike at times.

We pull into this scenic pull off on Hwy 40 and dry out

We head on into Vernal and find a place to stay and food, what a wonderful day of riding and with a good riding partner Oleary.

The Toyman screwed with this post 09-11-2011 at 02:32 PM
The Toyman is offline   Reply With Quote