View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 02:43 PM   #42
charlie264 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuts View Post
Any news?
I am interested in the Adv version, but happy to take an SE version and machine out the sumpguard area.

I was putting the finishing touches to the Adv relocater today along with inmate ACP, nice guy. I should have the first batch of SE plates completed this week, there was a misunderstanding with the engineering company, I asked for a test piece first out of 1mm steel to match, I received a 6mm plate 7 days later, so I am waiting for the first order and then to be milled.

I’m very happy with the Adv design; it’s been designed to accommodate the standard Adv and G-IT sump guard, I see no reason why it wouldn’t match with others sump guards. Many thanks to ACP for his time, a top bloke and for the tea, coffee and use of his Adv S making this all possible, as I said before, I only originally intended to make some for the SE, but due to the interest and PM’s I’ve received....

Hopefully, as things are progressing at a faster pace now, I will be able to get a plate to you this week or next. I’m keen to get as much feedback as possible.

It will be 6mm steel, not 8mm, I’ve steered away from stainless or high tensile, hopefully this will give a point of give with a big off, preventing, limiting damage elsewhere.

I bent my SE’s standard side stand pivot plate like a banana in a crash; luckily the case was fine, if it had been made of tensile steel, I’m not sure I would have been as lucky. The main bolt going through the case, I’m still undecided whether to use an 8.8 grade bolt or 10.9. 8.8 would have a better chance of failure in a crash, what do you think?

charlie264 screwed with this post 02-25-2012 at 02:48 AM
charlie264 is online now   Reply With Quote