View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 03:33 PM   #98
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Oddometer: 1,822
Simons Town

Went for a cruise looking for some fun rides today and found one basically straight up from the back of Simons Town. It's only a short ride but would make an awesome hill climb circuit, I got stuck into it a little bit, was alot of fun, any time you get up to 130 odd k's and are breaking hard on a windy road with the cliffs right there on your side it is always a nice feeling.

I've noticed the front shocks on the beemer dive pretty hard when you hit the brakes, a problem I had read about but when your riding like that it certainly comes into play. Will be interesting to see how it goes when I hit the dirt roads in Namibia but im sure it will be fine as long as I take it easy.

Rode over to Fish Hoek again and went and had some lunch in one of the supermarkets while I was there got talking to a nice guy Clive whose heading on a cruise in a few weeks on the Queen Mary ocean liner, some people have the life don't they, my old man has been on the QE2 a few times but im sure there both excellent, certainly not your regulation piss head cruise I bet.

Dropped down the waterfront for a beer ended up having a chat to Ian a local guy that had strolled over to have a chat, its great your never get lonely when im on the bike, people just constantly come up to say hello, its really nice. Hung arufn for awhile then came back and just hung out watching the penguins was lucky enought to have a mother and her two chicks (i think thats what they call them) come right up to me as i sat there it was a real nice experience. Came back to the lodge and hung out watching TV, still got that cough but picked up some different cough medicine will see how that goes.

Here's a couple of my little mates from Boulders.
Attached Images

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 12-18-2013 at 06:19 PM
rideforsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote