View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 08:43 AM   #72
AZ-Twin OP
Dusty and Thirsty

Oddometer: 1,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
Bout time you got going on this report. Thanks. Did yopu need extra gas between Rawlins and Boulder? I'll be rolling through there the other direction next Tuesday.

The water crossing was entertaining. It looks like you want to cross upstream of the path.
Sorry, been dragging my feet on this ride report, been real busy around the house, I need to get my priorities straight.

Between Rawlins and Boulder was around 220 miles if I remember correctly. I dumped both my gas cans in along the trip, and I can't remember if my light was on or not. Kevin has a 4Gal Clark Tank, he was on reserve but had not dumped his spare fuel in.

As for the water crossing, I am glad it was entertaining, that is nice to hear, as that is really the point of the video and ride report. Thanks!

I believe the rule for that one is stay to the left when going north, but Kevin went a bit too far to the left. I walked around it it, and parts were mid thigh deep. I didn't look around up stream, but it did look like there was another loop on the GPS farther north, perhaps it is not so deep there.
2011 North up the CDR
Sierra Vista AZ to Paonia CO and Back through Moab UT

AZ-Twin is offline   Reply With Quote