View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 07:50 PM   #58
ejtv OP
Per ipsum

Oddometer: 1,409
Day 2 Nederland to Red Feather Lakes

Breakfast next to town hall at New Moon Bakery; the ham and cheese filled croissants were excellent and so was the latte:

AM sun heating things up on the climb to Mineral Mountain/Caribou Flats from Eldora:

One of several closed roads we hit during the tour, this one off Left Hand Canyon:

And a typical sight: Jakbrand having to re-route at road closed...

Though this time the re-route meant climbing up, around and down the piled rocks...This was Jakbrand's one and only fall on this trip...and the first of about a dozen falls for me. Here he is after having ridden both the KTM and the WR through this difficult section.

Lunch at Estes Park

Somewhere around Buckhorn Creek:

Harder than it looks:

Well, I was not performing some radical turn, just getting on the bike from a dead stop...

We then approached Donner Pass via Moody Hill and Sheep Creek. Unfortunately the first mile up Sheep Creek past the bridge proved my undoing. Jakbrand had to ride my WR through one or two difficult rocky sections and not knowing if it would be one mile or ten through rock garden after rock garden, we turn around and b-lined it via Monument Gulch and Seven Mile Canyon to Red Feather Lakes for dinner and lodging at Hill Top General Store Cabins; highly recommended lodging if you're planning a trip there.

Road Reports by ejtv click here

ejtv screwed with this post 09-16-2011 at 07:54 PM
ejtv is offline   Reply With Quote