View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 10:06 PM   #1
globalpilot4 OP
GSPilot4

Oddometer: 111
Africa with Charley Boorman

Most ride reports tend to start out with a lot of inspiring text and a lot of beautiful, glossy photos. I thought I would change it up a bit and start with a video which offered a general overview of the ride, and then follow it up with a day by day ride report packed with excellent photos...I hope! I just recently completed a 5000 km ride through South Africa, Namibia, and Zambia with Charley Boorman. Let me just say that this trip exceeded every one of my expectations. I found Africa's landscapes stunning to the eye, it's people vibrant and welcoming, it's food diverse and exotic, and it's history fascinating and complex. I also found Charley Boorman to be surprisingly humble, an excellent rider, and a genuinely great human being who is making a living doing exactly what he wants to be doing. I have nothing even remotely bad to say about the guy after spending nearly 17 days with him in all sorts of challenging situations. His sense of humor is infectious, and his passion for motor bikes permeates every conversation. I hope you all enjoy the upcoming ride report and videos as much as I did living them.

New Video!

globalpilot4 screwed with this post 10-10-2011 at 08:54 PM
globalpilot4 is offline   Reply With Quote