View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 07:24 AM   #4
mujiburrahman OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 345
cutting through two mountains in east java

From malang to lumajang there is a mountain I'm not quite sure its name I think it is a mountain near mount bromo but on the southen side. It is a great view the left side is high clifts and large trees and the right side is a cliff below is a river but it looks like cold lava deposites from the volcano.

I love going up and down mountains on my motorbike and also twisting and turning down the winding road. Lamajang is a town quite small it is an intersection I think for people that want to go to jember. Jember is a bigger town in east java. The road from lumajang to jember is still on the side of mountains. Still godd views and still very dangerous if it rains very slipery and potential for landslide and rockfall.

Closer and closer heading to jember to roads become flatter and the mountains so high arwe now the past behind us. Felling hungry we stop to eat just before the city of jember.

It is already 3 pm and we have not ate a thing since break fast and we have been on the road for about 5 hours already and hours fot redting and stopping. Soon it will be dark and we have about 3 hour more of riding until bali.

While having lunch a grass hopper jumped near by the table then I took a picture of it in the small wooden javanese hut called a joglo I think.

We rested for about an hour and my brother all asleep on the wooden floor of the joglo. My body started to feel itchy sine we haven't took a bath sine the yesterday. After an hours rest we set off to bali hope that we can reach the habour by sunset for some good photos.
mujiburrahman is offline   Reply With Quote