View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 08:05 AM   #5
mujiburrahman OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 345
hoping to reach the harbour by sunset

after a well deserved rest and filled with nutrients the next destination is ketapang the habour city north of banyuwangi. Getting out of jember was another problem. There a sign board banyuwangi turn left and jember city straght ahead. We choose to go to the left and follow the sign. It seemed like an alternative route because the roads are getting smaller and the house are turning itu rice fields.

I think we are lost again. My brother stop and ask directions again and I try to find my location on the gps. It turns out we are heading north when we should have headed east. Next time I think its better to go through the city instead. It takes a least an hour to get back on track and precious time have been wasted and the sun is setting fast.

We try our best close but no cigars. Th sunset is gone.

2 hours past we reach banyuwangi a pretty large city compared to jember and lumajang. Well there seems to be some sort of night life aroung here. There are malls restaurants. More lively in the southern most city in east java. It is 7pm. And fuel is running out so stop by the petrol station just before the ferry crossing.

Arriving at the docks we must pay Rp 16 000 per motorbike to hop on the ferry. A trip that would take 1 hour less.

Every 1 hour a ferry will cross to bali. Its 8 pm and the ferry of heading to bali.

Hip hip hore
mujiburrahman is offline   Reply With Quote