View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 09:59 PM   #14
mujiburrahman OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 345
day 7 west java

This is the first longerst solo ride for me. Yesterday with my brother and now a lone rider. Er started a 7 am in the morning and prepared some food for lunch. Had a smaal breakfast and drink coffee and off I went.

The ride crossing yogakarta is just flat left right rice field. Crossing to central java is also the same. More rice fields rivers bridhers traintracks. From puworejo to cilacap. I arrived at the border of central java and west java in city called banjar. There is restaurant there and also a mosque. I rest for a while and had lunch.

From banjar the road is bumby with holes that had been filled with aspault. It is no longer rice fields but now plantations of rubber trees and other productive timber. Heading to mountainous area but not so high like in east java.

Passed through tasik then ngagrek to arrive at bandung the capital city of java at 3pm. Bandung was like a maze a big city.
Rice fields had all turned to buildings and cement. The next stop is cianjur then bogor. The road to bandung to cianjur is flat just hwavy traffic cars busses and motorbikes. Heading to bogor is like climbing up a mountain it is geeting cold. Seeing the sunset by the road in cipanas a city after cianjur. It was already 6pm and still a long journey to be woth my wife.

The peak in bogor is foggy only 5 meter of viewing distance very dangerous so went very slowly.

Heading down there was a big traffic jam everyone after a picnic at bogor is heading down hill back to jakarta. I was caught up in this traffic. At 9pm stop at the petrol station to have dinner basically it was my leftovers from lunch that I prepared this morning.

It took another 2 hours to reach home. Arrived at 11pm tired took a bath and hug my wife then sleep good night.

The next plan was to go see the anak krakatau volcano from anyer beach. But may be a need a weeks rest before can continue the journey. This it will be acomppanied with my wife.

Cheers

Hoped you enjoyed the journey

Will post the photos as soon as possible :)
mujiburrahman is offline   Reply With Quote