View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 06:49 AM   #73
HighFive
Never Tap-Out

Oddometer: 2,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by crofrog View Post
If you think every time you're riding your racing. Get the 950. If you just want to tool around like an old fart, get the bmw.

Sure the motor is grumpy when cold if you got carbs, and has some fueling issues right off idle if you got FI. So don't ride it there stop driving it like grandma and twist that bitch open and let it sing.

Bike feels heavy, go faster they don't feel so heavy then. And honestly if anyone thinks it feels that heavy they're probably trying to muscle the bike around instead of ride the bike, it carries the weight low once you get it going you don't know you aren't on a dirt bike. I think it feels like a DRZ, of course the drz is a heavy as mofo.

I'm always trying to find things to jump and wheelie over on the 950.

You think the bikes to heavy to pick up after you crash, goto the gym.

if you previously owned a KLR and thought it was awesome, buy the bmw.

If you think the stock screen sucks ass then stand up, nice clean air up there, why are you sitting down anyhow? Are you going slow again?

If those statements offend you, buy the BMW and make sure you get some high-viz to go with it. :)
Good post. Behind the humor, there are a few truths hiding in there...

We all need to go to the gym more regularly. I try....I ride my bike to it, then seem to just keep on riding...dang it.

This is a "comparison" thread. The F800 is significantly easier to pick-up than the 950. Shockingly so.

But, that would be in stock form without extra wires, tires, antifreeze, and those accessories.....I mean you can get stereo, tape, and color TV....a backseat bar and reclining seats.....and pay just once a month, like you do your rent. I figured it up....over a period of time....and this $12,000 bike of mine cost 24,000 dollars & 99 cents!

HF
Athena Big Bore Project
HighFive is offline   Reply With Quote