View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 02:41 PM   #90
Pantah OP
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 9,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by crofrog View Post
It should ring like a joke cause it was. Call me a newbie if you want that's cool I'm personally never done learning and improving and I'll keep having fun doing what I'm doing.

Once again, not attacking joking. In the my choice is always better than your choice sorta way that these threads always pull up.

I don't have the DRZ400 any more. I've got a KTM 200exc, KTM 450 SMR, and a 950 adventure. The SMR doesn't have plates or lights and only see's track duty. The 200exc see's more than just trail riding, and the adventure is my anything else bike. The SMR will be seeing ESMRA duty.

I'm currently looking at an sv650 to go ltw twins racing or some 600cc I4 for either supersport or superstock depending on what I can find.
Good boy on all points except for the road racing part. The SV is cool, but that is actually for the old farts. They been there and done that. They show up and race those lightweight classes every weekend, and you'll never beat those mutha scoota's. They have it all figured out seriously. If you try that route, you'll probably buy a set of tires per weekend once you make 'expert'. $300 a pop.

Road racing is very expensive if you are trying to compete. Maybe $1000 per weekend on a lightweight bike all in. If you bump to a big bike you will buy an extra set of tires, That is near $500 if you use Dunlop. $460 if Pirelli.

The new AMA Pro rules are helpful. They use a spec tire and the spec tires cost only $375 per set. You get 7 rear tires and five fronts as a maximum. Not bad, compared to what they charge for the English versions in club racing (half second faster). I spent only $1580 on the New Jersey AMA round for tires, and I am proud of that savings. But we had mechanical issues, which ruined some of the track time, so we didn't buy the tires we could have.

My guess is you are very inexperienced about motorcyles.

PS: in any form of competition, beit motor racing or love, you never stop learning. That's the way life is. Glad you found some of that already.

Pantah screwed with this post 09-16-2011 at 02:57 PM
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote