View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 07:36 PM   #70
ejtv OP
Per ipsum

Oddometer: 1,263
Day 4 Red Feather to Denver (Part 1)

Today Jackbrand served what was the best day of the NoCo Enduro trip, lots of ATV, singletrack, Jeep roads... with at least a third of the single track totally unexpected.

After another breakfast burrito special at Sportsman's Cafe we started with a portion of the Killpecker Trail, the north-south section. Here I am showing off while I could:

Then jackband bailing me out after I crashed, riding my WR on this tough little climb. It's steeper than it looks yada yada yada, you know the drill.

I really was hoping he'd say, it's your bike... not as powerful as the KTM, or rear suspension too soft, or front suspension too soft, or handlebars too low (all true, BTW), but no, four or five times this trip he proved the WR was just fine:

Killpecker was a , up and down, creek crossings, rock gardens, smooth pine-needle covered sections...more and better than we anticipated.

And thank you all who worked earlier in the 2011 riding season to clean it up for us out of towners. There was major chain-saw work done that must have taken days to complete.

Single track came out of the trees

The trail then opened up to some beautiful vistas of the mountain range to our south-west, I assume both Rawah Peaks, Clark, etc.

I regret we just didn't have time to do the east west section of Killpecker. Next time.

End of our Killpecker venture

Here we are riding around for an hour looking for the dirt road south paralleling CR 14 toward Chambers Lake Dam. The FS decided to close the only road south that we swear was on our map and we could see in front of us. The nerve. This was a major blow to jackbrands plan. It meant a total reroute taking us in every other direction except south. Already defeated and riding west for about a mile on an plain forest road we when we found the alternate route the FS created just recently. They just moved the road that was on the map south about a mile...

Road Reports by ejtv click here

ejtv screwed with this post 09-17-2011 at 12:21 PM
ejtv is offline   Reply With Quote