View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 09:14 AM   #95
charlie264
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
Lots of us on this forum have serious experience racing motorcycles, and some of us did it for money. So when you post the imagery you did, it rings hollow if you know what I mean. None of the racers here would make such statements, because it doesn't even register. Your lecturing was a total disconnect of a newbie to motorcycling.

Interestingly, many of the old farts you attack are ex-racers! Those boys did that thing and they relish every vision of when they backed that Mutha Scoota' in and claimed their rightful position in the pursuit of the checkered flag.

Adventure riding is a great outlet for us old fart racers. Most of us are decades past our days of glory. But the truth is, we don't want to get hurt anymore. We all have been hurt. Every single one of us. On the other hand, we like the thrill of a few moments during a ride when things come together in that masterful way. Such a high!

Try a few races. They have more noob friendly classes today (even with your Suzy). You will always be part of something special if you've tried racing at least a few times.

I don’t understand how it happened; I was actually a half descent rider once, with balls and the ability to save them. Some of it floods back when I start to push it, but me not want to hurt anymore, me go nice and slow now.