View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 09:21 AM   #6
Lornce OP
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,765
And so, on the strength of one picture, I pm'd Pete (rtw02) within a half hour of him posting his ad and told him I'd take the bike, no questions asked. We finally caught up with one another via the phone and worked out the details. That was April 29. I flew out to meet Pete in Kelowna on the 13th of July, the same day my wife left for Winnipeg and her folk's place with our boy.

Pete very graciously offered to meet me in Kelowna at 10pm and drive me to their home in Revelstoke 2-1/2 hours away. I suggested taking the bus the following morning, but he'd have none of it. Arriving in Revelstoke I was greeted by the R80G/S-PD looking even better than the pictures suggested. Excited about the coming adventure in one of my favourite parts of Canada, but tired and three hours behind the local time, I layed down for the night in Pete and Carol's luxurious spare room. ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Next morning, awakened by the sun at 0500, I enjoyed a spectacular Rocky Mountain view from their living room window while Pete prepared coffee and breakfast. Pete then showed me around his shop before heading off to work leaving me with the run of the place to get the bike set up the way I wanted for the trip ahead. Nice guy, that Pete.

A little side note about Pete and his wife Carol: Pete's ADV handle - rtw02 - refers to the Round The World trip they took in '02 on their well-traveled '83 R80RT. These folks are serious about their motorcycle travel.

Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote