Thread: Gold'n Sands
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 09:21 PM   #63
Sundowner OP
Total Cahn

Oddometer: 3,579
Thankyou, Tom, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Cheers, JTB, I really wish it was accompanied by a brick sized gold nugget, especially with current gold prices near $1900 an ounce, but I've always loved collecting old coins since I was knee high to a grasshopper, so I'm really pleased for my little link to the past. Thanks for following the RR all the way through. Not sure where the next ride report will lead me, but the West is high on the list. I might have to do that as a live report. We'll see.

Get yourself another bike, GA. You know you need to. And thanks. I'm trying harder with my photography. I'll get the hang of it soonish, hopefully. My biggest fault is not getting the camera out often enough.

Thankyou, b0mb3r. It's half a sixpence - a threepence/thruppnee bit. Only the size of our 5 cent piece, I'd imagine back in 1865 it would have been close to a days wages. It features the "young" head of Queen Victoria and I believe it's made of pure silver.
Say 3 Hail KLRs and recite the old Honda "skid demon" warning 3 times." - CA Stu.
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote