View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 11:33 PM   #2
mujiburrahman OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 345
Riding to Gedong Songo Temple in Mount Ungaran

I was planning to leave the house at 4 am in the morning so i could see the sun rise. I already set the alarm at 3.30am having enough time to prepare and go. It turns out that woke up at 7am missed the sunset so did a quick shower and went.

I started from Semarang the capital city of Java and continued to exit out of Semarang, a large busy roads with trucks heading in and out of the port harbor, buses connecting one city of java to the other and the locals on cars and motorbikes.

After 30 minutes of I reach the the turn to Bandungan, turn right and headed up the mountain of Bandungan to Home of Mount Ungaran and the Gedang Songo Temple. The road up hill is fill with good scenery with rices paddies on terraces, then you reach an area where on the left and right are filled with Karaoke Bars and Hotels. The karaoke bars and hotels are covering the terraces and blocking the good view.

The air is getting colder since getting higher on the mountain and still in early in the morning. after an hour rides we reach the turn up higher up the mountain. the roads are getting smaller but still good smooth black and hard.

At 8am arrived parked the motorbike. I asked the person at the place to pay the entrance fee weather motorbikes can go up the mountain to the temples? He said you can but must go through the horse track and must help out the locals and carrying food drinks and construction material. If just for fun you cant. better to ride the locals horses in stead.

So i left my motor and start hiking up to the temples.
mujiburrahman is offline   Reply With Quote