View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 07:28 AM   #11
samthg
Sam...I am.

Oddometer: 1,447
I was just in your neck of the woods last week. I had the ability to get out of town for 3 days and did what i usually do in these instances-head for UT. Spent 2 nights at Bryce, and just roamed the area. Went thru Brian Head at one point to eventually end up at one of my favorite spots-Cedar Breaks. Lighting, thunder and plenty of rain. But i loved every moment!...till the darn ranger ran me off the lookout point due to lighting.

I have been a frequent visitor to So UT since the mid 80's. Mainly for bikes & golf. I know your golf courses quite well, with Green Springs still my favorite. Most of my biking has taken me east, usually using SG as base camp. Just about all of the 13,000 mi on my '86 honda is in the UT red dirt. I just start it and it assumes it heading to Kolob res.

BUT, i've never been in the hills above VR gorge. I'm sure happy about seeing how accessible that area can be.

Your doing a wonderful job of highlighting So UT. I'll be reviewing your post with my Benchmark map soon. So please make sure you throw a bone with trail #'s & other hints.

Thank you again. Sam
samthg is offline   Reply With Quote