View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 09:06 AM   #2030
Deadly99 OP
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,458

Two yellow dry bags

Two yellow dry bags but one is sliipping out

One yellow dry bag, barely

Sean comes up and informs me has no more yellow dry bags. Well we think they were on about 75 km's ago. I cant go back or we wont have enough fuel to get through this section. If Sean goes back and uses my aux fuel we should make it but it might be dark and cold. Sean heads out while I enjoy a Siesta. I am expecting him to be gone for an hour or more, 30 minutes later he comes back declaring (and I might say he looked happy) thats its official, we wont be camping anymore The camping gear was far from new and wasnt a heart breaker for him, although not having shoes for the rest of trip was a bummer for him. With a late start and tons of delays we pushed on. Fab had been watching the Spot tracker and had headed out to meet us on the trail. Its funny what you expect after exchnaging hundreds of emails with someone but never having seen each other. Fab is a part time web developer and has been helping me with the new site, it was great to finally meet him and go for a ride. FAB IS FAST

A spirited ride to his plave took place with a stop for fuel along the way at lodge31. Great place and I highly recommend folks stay there.

The view from the lodge

Hard to pass up a sand pit along the way, thanks for helping me get that 500 lb bike back on the road

Sadly I have no pictures of Fabs Hill. I was a bit consummed with keeping it rubber side down A couple of km's after Fabs Hill is a ski resort and the end of the gravel for a stretch of the route before it begins again and heads north.

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is offline   Reply With Quote