View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 10:08 AM   #2032
Deadly99 OP
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,451
We spent the night at Fab's place. A superb dinner and a few bottles of wine were consumed. Discussions of routing for the TCAT, skateboarding, BC and other items of similiar interest were discussed prior to crashing on his couch. Maybe its just me but folks from Quebec really know how to cook. Fab and his wife preppared a dinner that is worth mentioning, a fondue with flank and filet steak, fresh vegies and home made sauces. I havent had fondue for many years and damn was it good. THANKS FAB!

In the morning we hit Fab's shop and he welded Seans skid plate back together, it seems like Meca Systems isn't as tough as Fab's Hill Giving the bikes a look over I noticed a few items that needed fixing, Seans bike had melted wires due to being installed incorrectly by "some mechanic", my bike had a missing cable tie and the front brake line was rubbing through, chains needed lubing and a general tighten up of all the seeable nuts and bolts. There isnt much I enjoy more than sitting in a garage working on bikes

Fab and his lovely wife cooking up a storm

Fab's 1100 gs getting an overhaul

A cool project he is working on, attaching the front end from a CR250 (I think) to his big GS. Welding was to take place after we left. vroom vroom

AFter getting the bikes on the road we headed into town to get my new rear tire. I have to say the price was outstanding. A rear d908 for 203$ AFTER TAXES and IT INCLUDES FREE INSTALLATION (about 90 bucks cheaper than I normally pay and I dont get free installation). I have never heard of a shop offering free installation when you buy a tire, awesome This shop will be included in the guidebook as it would make a convienent place to get new rubber while on the route. We headed out for some lunch before saying our goodbyesand heading for home. It took us a day and half to get back home and was an ejoyable ride. Some fun roads through the Laurentian mountains and then some super slab for the final push.

A great trip all around, good weather, met some great people, saw some cool scenery, finished the TNE through New Brunswick, got to ride a good chunk of the TCAT that Fab has put together, drank beer, ate good food and all the other fun stuff a bike trip includes.

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is offline   Reply With Quote