View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 06:55 PM   #11
mujiburrahman OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 345
the ride to the temples in dieng

From the peaks of mount ungaran we slide all the down the mountain side back to the main road heading to temanggung. The time is 10am the air still cold after last night rain. The road to temanggung is great ups and downs and twisting side to side. Passing through rice fields then to bamboo and hardwood timber. Passing by markets by the road. The road here is quiet not to many vehicles passing by. This is a recommended ride fresh air, good roads and very light traffic.

Reaching temanggung the traffic increase more and more vehicles. There is quite a tarrif trying to pass cars trucks and other motorbike. Temanggung is a city run by tobacco vast fields planting tobacco. When I past the countryside of temanggung the smell is very sweet. It is harvesting month. After harvesting the tobacco leaf it is cut up into small pieces and dried.

On the side of the road are plates of dried tobacco and even on soccer fields tobacco are being dried. The sun starts to hide behind clouds and small droplets of rain starts to pour. We are cross a path between two large mountains one is mount sindoro and the other is mount sumbing I think. Here we pass a tea plantations similar to the ones in west java in bogor.

Reaching to wonosobo feeling cold due to the light rain after 1 hour of riding up and in between mountains it is getting tired. The rain is also starting to be picking up. in wonosobo went passed the northen alternative route to dieng better scene rather than passing through wonosobo the city. Passed by a wood mills and also place to mine rocks. More rices fields and less of the tobacco fields. Heavy rain start to go down so I rest at a near by mosque getting ready to up on the rain coat.

It is 12 noon and it looks like it is already late in the afternoon. Hardly any sunlight. After a raining gear on headed up to the dieng temples. It rained harder and harder. Then the roads getting slippery and now the fog is very where and only 5 meter viewing distance. Very dangerous considering that it is a steep slope and a wrong move you will fall of the cliff.

We reach a look out post to see the valley from the top still covered by fog and still raining. After 10 minutes rest we continue to move on.

After another 15 minutes of riding we reach the temple site. Still raining I parked the motobike under a tree then waited the rain out.

Here are the photos of the ride to dieng.

Cheers

mujiburrahman screwed with this post 09-20-2011 at 03:06 AM
mujiburrahman is offline   Reply With Quote