View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 10:13 AM   #14
intr1gue
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 211
Question So?

I'd like to know that as well. For long distance riding I'd ride with earbuds, but when dual-sporting with my wife, it would be nice to just be able to put on and take off the helmets as needed without the additional steps of mounting the earspeakers each time just to have connectivity (that and we're riding at WAY lower speeds generally on trails/unpaved, so windnoise is much less of a factor).

The options I see are these:

Put the 3.5mm socket inline with a splitter that cuts power over to headphones when plugged in, or speakers when headphones don't complete the circuit.
Put a 3.5mm plug onto the speakers after detaching them, so they can be plugged into the same jack; user can then install speakers in helmet, and switch from one to the other just by inserting the plug (velcroed to something when not in use) into the newly installed jack.

All this said, I'm totally theoretical about this, and have ZERO skill with a soldering iron and would rather not learn on a $200+ piece of kit, so I'd still want you to do the mod if that's ok. What would you charge to do either of the above?

--Ranjan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Boy View Post
I'm wondering if it's possible to do the mod for the earphones and maintain sound to the speakers so when someone needs an ear canal break from the earphones, you can still listen through the speakers?
intr1gue is offline   Reply With Quote