View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 04:09 PM   #7
g容g OP
Canadian living in exile

Oddometer: 6,300
Day Three

After a really nice night in Bormio, and a pleasant (yet a bit small) breakfast at Adda it was time to start the day. the plan (as far as Michelle knew) was pretty simple: an assault on the western face of Stelvio, a stop at the top for some pictures, then off to the east ending up in Canazei near the bottom of Passo Sella.

getting ready to leave:

ever have that deja vu? I've been here before... birthday 2004

a little Stelvio teaser of Michelle going up (thanks GoPro!)

anyway, view from the top

pretty quiet (it wasn't that early)

the "hey, can you take our picture?" shot

mountain top chapel

the author (looks a bit nervous maybe?)

Michelle & I walked around & checked out the scene. Michelle bought a couple of pass stickers, a Stelvio cap and a key chain while I took a few more snaps. A group of riders walked by talking English, so I asked where they were from. "the UK" was the initial reply, but then Mike admitted to being Canadian . Mike Lives in the UK now though doing rider training & organizing tours (check out peak rider training)... I should have asked for a job application

We chatted for a while, discussed plans, and how nice the weather was, and then said our good-byes. Mike and his group headed up to the hotel for a coffee leaving Michelle and I to admire the view.

This was my opening....

I had been planning this for a little while, but had kept the secret well (amazing... knowing me).

My one hint to Michelle a week or so before the trip:

Quote:
I dare you to let me be your, your one and only
I promise I'm worthy to hold in your arms
So come on and give me the chance
To prove that I'm the one who can
Walk that mile until the end starts
So, yeah.... I asked her to marry me. Although I am sure she will (correctly) point out that it wasn't exactly like that. After a very long pause... she said "Yes"

So yeah... I am a happy camper!

Mike came back down the hill to snap a pic, and ended up being the first person we told. He was pretty chuffed as well and wished us all the best. He got a great pic of us:

At this moment the eastern side of Stelvio was a bit more than either of us could face. So we sat quietly and just watched the world go by.

.... to be continued ...

Try to see the world beyond your front door.

g容g screwed with this post 10-06-2011 at 05:35 PM Reason: updated stelvio video
g容g is offline   Reply With Quote