View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 04:15 AM   #3
ManxBerg
Rallye Raid

Oddometer: 164
After competing in the Tuareg Rallye in 2008 and 2010 I'm desperate to try something new.
There are so many Rallye's out there, but the lure of going to Lac Rose and Dakar has led me to entering this event for 2012. There is a team of us from England and the Isle of Man entering and I will be riding my BMW F650RR.

I'm looking forward to the adventure as much as anything.
I entered the Tuareg with the intention of trying for a good result, and sometimes you lose track of remembering to take it all in. This time the KTM 525 has been replaced by a bigger BMW, and the focus for me will be to really enjoy the experience. Camping each night and moving out of the comfort zone of Morrocco.

Amatuer Rallye's have become a lot more focused in the last few years, and the easy conversion of enduro bikes has for me increased the speeds! I can really attack on an enduro bike and have seen 140kph recorded on the GPS, which is more than plenty offroad. I'm hoping to get back to the spirit of overland motorcycle travel of the early dakar with this event, whilst retaining a certain competition element.

In the future I probably will convert another enduro bike and enter something like the new Breslau event, but for now bring on Dakar!