View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 08:36 AM   #43
bmwhacker OP
Still on 3 wheels

Oddometer: 4,291
There are quite a few "fishing finds" that I pass on too.....
Often an owner will think just because the bike has "BMW" on the tank that it is worth a lot.

This old R75/5 was a 1973 LWB with some later model sidecovers. The bike had possibilities but was a lot rougher than it looks in the photo.
Banged up headlight nacelle, leaking pushrod tube seals, erratic idle, bald tires and the $1200.00 price tag deterred me from hauling it home. Might have been worth $1200.00 to someone but not me.

This one was offered up for a $1000.00........ No thanks.

I don't limit my fish'in to Airheads.
Last Fall my "fish'in" pulled in an old Yamaha 250 Enduro. I couldn't pass it up for $500.00. Only had 2000 miles on it and ran great. The bike had spent its' life on a farm and had never been washed in over 20 years but it cleaned up real nice. There was about 2" of solidified cow shit stuck in the undersides of the rear fender.
The original PO had never opened the little side storage area where the tool set lived. The tool set was there and had never been opened. Still had spare fuses wrapped in plastic.
I putted around on it out in the hills for a while and found someone who wanted it more than I did.

Living proof you shouldn't play with matches
ABC# 1992

bmwhacker screwed with this post 10-01-2011 at 10:24 AM
bmwhacker is offline   Reply With Quote