View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 09:43 PM   #57
_cy_ OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydrummerdude View Post
I don't think I've ever seen a thread where people nitpick one guys resurrection process so much.

True story: yesterday, I picked up a semi-basket-case airhead, and guess what I did today? Installed the headlight and turn signals. Oh no, I didn't tear the engine down first!!
nah... don't mind a bit ... me being a newbie to ADV and BMW both. but not new to going on cross country adventures.

about 5 years ago I rode self contained on a bicycle from Bolder, Colo to Tulsa, OK on the Trans-American lower route.

truth be known... I'm delighted that there is sooo much interest in bringing this R90S back to life. had zero clue that R90S is the most collectable of all BMW's from the 70's before I purchase the bike.

may not be very knowledgeable about Airheads... yet... but I learn quick... especially when surrounded by sooo much expertise. don't think there is much that I cannot take care of with a bit of help of course.

naturally I hope there is nothing wrong internally... but if there is ... I can take care of it. I'm fully set up with a machine shop and just about every type of tools imaginable. I'm a bonified tool nut.

have always believed ... look at a man's tools and you can quickly tell what he's all about.

_cy_ screwed with this post 10-19-2011 at 02:38 AM
_cy_ is offline   Reply With Quote