Originally Posted by Tenni126
Did you ever get the temp indication working? In other words, could you be sure you weren't overheating at all?
No and no.
The only temp indication is an overheat light (which probably should but doesn't turn on during the startup checks). I've never had the fan come on either... but it never really gets hot here and the KLR650/685 motor never kicked on the fan unless it was REALLY HOT, so it didn't bug me, plus, the motor was running pretty rich from the air intake being so restrictive.
My fear is that I get some sweet ass pistons and then I put it all together, and it really is an electrical problem, and it still doesn't run... wouldn't that suck.