View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 10:09 PM   #95
Z_HARSH OP
Like margarine?

Oddometer: 470
Thanks everyone!

TrailX – Thanks a million, I am glad to help bring back some fond memories. For this trip, I never planned anything out. I talked to some people and know some guys that rented KLRs and caused some havoc up there for a week or two, but never ever really looked at the map until I was there. All I had was a piece of paper with a couple places written down. One thing about it, is there are only 10 roads, or so, in the state so finding things is not too tough. I mostly just used my road atlas and kept my eyes peeled, if I saw a turnoff I went until it ended or was forced to turn around. I had my GPS, but mostly neglected to use it, I didn’t even have the Alaska map successfully loaded on it. I was looking for what files I did have, but I think I forgot to save them before we whipped it clean for Baja last year, unfortunately. I have been trying to do a decent job of explaining where to find things however if you, or any of you, want any more specifics feel free to PM me. I will be more than happy to help in any way I can.

nwgs – Greatly appreciated and you are welcome! I had a blast on the way back down the PacNW too….

AKDuc – Thank you, thank you, thank you, and you are welcome…the KLR was perfect up there. It really did help me explore much more of the vastness of Alaska. The crazy thing is how little is accessible by road. It would be an amazing place to live and sledding (snow machines) would be awesome in the winter. I am very happy that you are enjoying this little report so far, I still have most of the riding to come. I almost thought about skipping or condensing the hiking, but it is also shows a different side I think.
SPREAD THE WORD, SAVE OUR SPORT!!

Z_HARSH screwed with this post 10-12-2011 at 10:16 PM
Z_HARSH is offline   Reply With Quote