View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 01:41 PM   #348
ag_streak
Tiene Ruta Cuarenta?

Oddometer: 3,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by duanew1 View Post
I have read alot about the angle of the pivot as well. It may help with the handling but I have heard that another reason for tilting the pivot is that it helps keep the trailer from falling over during slow speed maneuvers and high articulation angles. This makes the load tilt toward the front of the bike and not fall over with axle pivot. I hope that I explained this well enough.
Mr. Bracket and Duane, exactly! I had started my design with a vertical pivot and it was suggested by someone here on advrider to tilt it forward for the exact reasons you guys both stated. I came up with a theoretical 7 degrees. I say theoretical because I never built a working prototype. I made a plywood mockup and priced the work to be done at an aluminum fabricator shop, but the cost was prohibitive. I need to buy myself a welder and do it up myself in steel. And another 20 or 30 hours a week of free time would help, too!

Here's a link to my mockup earlier in this thread...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=144

Improve your cosmic karma here!

ag_streak screwed with this post 10-13-2011 at 01:53 PM
ag_streak is offline   Reply With Quote