View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 04:29 PM   #57
O.C.F.RIDER
Loose nut behind h/bars

Oddometer: 4,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Scott View Post
I wasn't there so I leave it to the court. What I do know, is the road is straight and flat for a mile or more on the stretch where Dr. Burke was hit.
Further up the road, it is curvy, though I wouldn't classify it as narrow.
Well, you live there and I don't, so I'll take your word that the road was straight where the poor Doctor (and the other guy's) were hit.

The "idea" I was referring to was what I quoted, not splitting between them. Passing closely to scare cyclists may result in passing closer than intended. Then you get charged with vehicular homicide. And an Army veteran with an eight-month old daughter dies.
When I said about passing closely, I don't mean giving them a few inch's. I may be pissed at them sometimes but I sure as hell don't want to hurt anybody.

As for the Attorney General. My understanding is Dr. Burke has a relative that is an attorney. Not the Attorney General.
Just stating what I read on a couple of the comments. True or not.....?? But, I'll take your word for that one too.

I don't ride in groups because I agree with you. They are dangerous. My last group ride was with about 40 people and we were on narrow curvy roads. It was not a good situation.
We probably aren't that far apart in our thinking on this subject.

Chris
'90 Kawasaki ZX11...'76 Kawasaki 900 Z1...'01 VOR 400E
O.C.F.RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote