View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 05:29 PM   #57
O.C.F.RIDER
Loose nut behind h/bars

Oddometer: 4,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Scott View Post
I wasn't there so I leave it to the court. What I do know, is the road is straight and flat for a mile or more on the stretch where Dr. Burke was hit.
Further up the road, it is curvy, though I wouldn't classify it as narrow.
Well, you live there and I don't, so I'll take your word that the road was straight where the poor Doctor (and the other guy's) were hit.

The "idea" I was referring to was what I quoted, not splitting between them. Passing closely to scare cyclists may result in passing closer than intended. Then you get charged with vehicular homicide. And an Army veteran with an eight-month old daughter dies.
When I said about passing closely, I don't mean giving them a few inch's. I may be pissed at them sometimes but I sure as hell don't want to hurt anybody.

As for the Attorney General. My understanding is Dr. Burke has a relative that is an attorney. Not the Attorney General.
Just stating what I read on a couple of the comments. True or not.....?? But, I'll take your word for that one too.

I don't ride in groups because I agree with you. They are dangerous. My last group ride was with about 40 people and we were on narrow curvy roads. It was not a good situation.
We probably aren't that far apart in our thinking on this subject.

Chris
'75 Kawi 900 Z1...'90 Kawi ZX11...'03 Kawi ZRX 1200...'01 VOR 400E
O.C.F.RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote