The rain let up, so I went back out to finish the job. Gotta love angle grinders, this would have been an hour job (or more) if I had removed each spoke individually. Instead it took 15 minutes. One down:
On to the next:
I had a sheet lying under the rim so it wouldn't get scratched while rubbing against the concrete. It caught fire.
I put it out and kept going. Done:
I'm a visual kind of guy, so I decided I needed to tackle some kind of aesthetic project to make me feel good about the day. I decided to go for the lower triple clamp. I was happy with the results on the fork tubes, so I planned to use the same method - wire brush attachment on the drill, clean, and then some Rub N' Buff. Before (sorry for the sideways photo):
After the wire brush:
There were some spots that I couldn't reach with the drill or a hand wire brush, so I decided to reserve this for blasting too, and apply the Rub N' Buff afterwards.
That's all for tonight. Time for a beer!