View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 05:12 PM   #42
concours
WFO for 41 years

Oddometer: 5,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody's wheel works View Post
1,,,i bet when you take the slides and place them next to each other you'll find the idle adjustment ramp to be on the outboard position and the guide rail on the inward side

2,,,i bet that when you place the left and right float bowels side by side you'll find that the enrichening gas gets sucked up from the right float bowel transfers to the left enrichening circuits via the little rubber tube that is in between the carbs,,,you can tell because the right side has a hole drilled to the enrichening fuel pick-up passageway whereas the left one remains undrilled.

3,,i bet the right carb has a little brass tube that drops intot he passageway i mentioned in #2 wheras the left carb is void of a pick-up tube

but hey,,that's from a35 years ago

i saw the parts diagram you linked us to,,,maybe i'll see if i can get ya a differen't drawing,,in the meantime thomasac92,,why not double check what ya have ...
w
I hang my head in shame. 1973 fiche shows you are correct on the slides. It was 1978 when I last did a top end on an RD350. http://www.starmotorcycles.com/partv..._(RD350_-_1973)