View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 08:52 PM   #99
planemanx15 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by GsVs View Post

The Handguards are Moose Racing Hand Guards with Moose Racing Large Competition Handguards Protectors

Hope that helps ...
Thank you! I think I'll be ordering them for my Tusk handguards. The bars cant be all that different can they?

The Parabellum shield is insane. Initially, I felt nothing up to 40 mph on side streets. I got on a main highway and got the bike up to 70. Everything felt great except this annoying ticking coming from the top of my helmet. Turns out it was the air vents on my helmet, if they are closed they make noise, if they are open I hear nothing. I hear everything on the bike now, it actually sounds much louder because there is no wind to drown out the sound. The shield make me ride a little faster as well, mainly because there is NO air pressure on my chest at all. The weirdest thing was that I my legs are freezing in Jeans and my core stayed very warm, guess its something I'll have to get used to (plus my riding pants will help a bunch). I went WOT and got the bike up to 87, I have some nasty vibration issues at that speed, but again, I barely feel the speed.

I know the DR is not made for 85+ mph, but what could be causing such a front end shake at that speed? The bike is smooth as can be around 70-78 mph...
planemanx15 is offline   Reply With Quote