View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 09:52 PM   #9
DesertSweeper OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 377
Day 1 Mud Continued

My how they all fell all over the show (with the exception of Blian who rides sensibly). When I ask them why they are performing so poorly they say they are kindly demonstrating to me how NOT to do it. They are in fact teaching your writer by example... Good mates eh!

James clearly missed the last-minute meeting as he isn’t wearing hiking boots. Tsk tsk

At one river crossing we were horrified when James figures out a different route to get through the river without drowning so when Joe arrives we all shout to him to go “the deep way round” lest he fail to entertain us:

Joe determined to re-craft his bike into a low-rider

I can easily say it was some of the toughest riding I have ever done. OK Jo the wild-coast was tougher but in a different way…

During one break I asked the lads for their comments as to how things were progressing. “Easy going” “smooth sailing” “walk-in-the-park” “what mud?” – they all lied….

Some pics of the rest of the day:

The Motley Crue

Mud mud glorious mud!

My trusty steed

Yes yes that IS my trusty steed being recovered

Cam contemplating impending "how not to do it" lesson for your writer

And finally we have a few clicks of fantastic high-speed soft sand to our destination for Day 1, a small village in the middle of absolutley nowhere. We arrive alive and somewhat humbled and very very dirty:

Joe thinking to himself "if only I had real boots and riding pants and..."

And our dinner being prepared after being freshly caught from the ditches on the side of the road:

Frog ala Cambodia!

DesertSweeper screwed with this post 11-01-2011 at 09:54 PM Reason: missing video link
DesertSweeper is offline   Reply With Quote