View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 01:13 PM   #57
notmybikemodelname OP
KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer: 7,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Country Herb View Post
How about the story of how I met my wife:
I used to spend a lot of time riding my BMX bicycle, even into my 20’s. Not because I was an avid bicyclist or anything, but because I couldn’t afford the parts to fix my car. So I am riding the local dirt trails down by the river, when I hear someone doing a catcall “wheeeeiiiit, whoooooo!” I look over, and there is a hot chick sitting in a makeshift tree house reading a book. Curious fellow that I am, I make the loop to the other side of the river, and stop at the tree house for a chat.
As it turns out, she is a college student with not much more money than me. We get to thinking that if we pool our money, we can get something to drink. We ride over to the local drug store, and find that we have enough for a fifth of vodka (if you can call it that ) and a jug of orange juice. Back at the tree house, we become pretty good friends before finishing that bottle.
Feeling a little adventuresome, she suggests we go back to her parent’s house. Unfortunately, they are home, so we decide to take her convertible for a ride. After leaving about half of her tires smeared over the country roads surrounding town, we stop at a small lake. She is pretty curious about how the locals are catching fish, so she starts tugging on this guy’s line to see if that will speed things up. Chicks can get away with all sorts of stuff, but the guy gives me a look like he’s going to kill me. There are more of them than there are of us, so we take off.
After leaving the other half of her tread around the city streets, it’s time for her to head back to the next town where she has an apartment closer to college. She asks me if I want to go, but I’m thinking to myself “I don’t know this chick, have no ride home if it turns out badly, and don’t know if she’s crazy” (well, I do have some idea). So I say “what the hell, why not?” I was still living with my parents at that time, so I sneak into the house to pack a little bag, tell my little brother not to snitch, and take off for one of the best weekends of my life. We have been inseparable ever since.
Hey, what can I say? I can’t afford Dos Equis…
Good story, but sounds Stupid like a fox, or however that saying goes. It's nice to get one of those that you don't want to be separated from, until you do, and she just says, "have fun".
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote