This year's WetFest is now a pleasant memory, so it is time to start planning the next one. DireWorlf and Wachs, along with a strong supporting cast, put together a great get-together, and set a very high bar. I'd love to come close.
Originally Posted by DireWolf
What seemed to be important:
- Privacy (noise can be a problem at times
- Good road riding (not everyone rides like Hayduke)
- Good gravel roads - suitable but interesting for big bikes
- Killer OHV areas (to lure the dirtybike riders)
- Camping - ability to have some room to camp away from the roar
- Hotels - Mortimersickle needs a place nearby to sleep
- Amenities - nearby fuel and groceries, etc.
The location shall be Wenatchee, WA. We will be hosted by the North Central Washington Gun Club
, where our own 1911fan is a board member and outgoing president. The club has a very large facility with plenty of dispersed space for camping, RVs, campfires, and whatever our black little hearts desire. It is also pretty close to gas, stores, and a motel or two for those that prefer to keep their creature comforts. The spirit shall be the same as that of WetFests past. Casual, low-key, no catered meals. We'll provide a place to camp and and some portapotties, some suggestions on where to ride, and the rest is up to you, the participants.
We have the location from noon on Friday the 7th to noon on Sunday the 9th. The fee for both nights is $36. Please put your ADV screen name in the "Comments to the merchant" section, so I can mark you off as paid.
To pay via PayPal, click here:
There is lots of good road and dirt (~15 miles away) riding in the vicinity. You can look forward to:
This will be epic.
On with the show.