Thanks for the explination notmybikemodelname (hope your wife named your kids).
I stuck a knife in my right eye when I was four and people keep asking what happened and how did they fix it.
They stuck four stiches in it but I kept trying to figure out how they held the eye steady when poking around with a needle.
Well now I know.
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname
Procedures for taking an eye out:
- Have the patient lay on his side with his face over a sterile dish that looks like a small bed pan.
- Apply a mild sedative to the effected eye.
- Tell the patient to close the non-effected eye because he will still be able to see out the effected eye once it has been removed and that can make you sick to your stomach.
- Take a untesile that looks like a set of spoons and press them into the sides of the eye socket.
- Wait for a slight sucking sound as the eyes is pulled from the socket and air seeps into your eye socket.
- Extract pellet from said eye.
- Wash eye socket with generous portions of saline solution.
- Then take another utensile that looks like a four sided vise grip and use it to gently open the eye socket.
- Reinsert eye
- Remove utensile
- Apply a medicated gel generously to the eye. Not hat kind of gel!
- Apply patch.
- Proceed to berate patient for being an idiot.
- Tell patient your parents are here and they are pissed.