View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 03:36 PM   #79
High Country Herb
Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer: 7,571
How I won over my future Father-in-Law by getting in trouble:

My Father-in-Law was into antiques (buying, selling, and making). One day he needed some help moving a display into a new antique mall two towns down the highway. My girlfriend (now wife) and I helped him load it into his truck, and we were off.

We get to the new store, unload the display, and take it inside to set up. While they are filling the display with "antiques", I go out to the truck to see if there is anything we forgot to unload. I notice that we have been parked in a 30 minute zone for a while, and there is a chalk mark on dear ol' Dad's tire. I figure I can buy us some time by getting rid of the mark with my foot.

About 5 minutes later, a police officer comes in looking for someone. The store owner points right at ME! The officer comes over and procedes to CHEW MY ASS up one side and down the other. He says he could arrest me and take me down town, but eventually decides he's going to let me off with a warning. My Father-in-Law just stood there looking at me the whole time. I was so embarrassed that I had made a fool of myself in front of my girlfriend, her Dad, the store owner, and half a dozen customers. I figured he would do everything in his power to keep me away from his daughter (if he were smart).

Low and behold, my Father-in-Law is a cheap bastard like no other. Once nobody was looking, he patted me on the top of the head, and just said "Good boy" (he was 6' 6", and called me "The Boy").

Does this one also qualify under "stoopid like a fox"?
High Country Herb is offline   Reply With Quote