View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 05:13 AM   #98
Florin
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moronic View Post

He signed Stoner, and the result has surpassed his wildest dreams. Take that away tho [...]
Same could be said about Yamaha signing Rossi. Sometimes you need something to get things rolling because no matter how hard you try you just can't get that 0.9% that gets you from 99% to 99.9%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBeBe View Post
I think Bautista is smart and fast. The thing I wonder and can never be answered is how good or bad is the Suzuki versus how good or bad Bautista is. Would Stoner have been putting the Suzuki on the podium every week, or around the same as Bautista or worse. Yes Stoner is the extreme but I was surprised that Bradl was faster than Bautista (from what I saw on some sheets), and RDP was faster than both of them on the Suzuki.
Of course it is only testing and the first day, but when we look at the numbers it does not say a ton about Bautista being held back by the Suzuki.
I think Stoner would have won a race or 2 with Suzy. Wet or not. Remember what he rode before throwing his leg over the Honda.

IMHO the factory Suzuki is better than the '10 satellite Honda. I also think Bautista left because Suzuki is probably pulling the plug not because he wanted to give a factory ride for a satellite one.
Florin is offline   Reply With Quote