View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 10:10 AM   #66
skierd
Wannabe Far-Rider

Oddometer: 2,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxbundy View Post
I think you are missing the point of this bike. It is not meant for that type of riding.
Why would you want to add 100lbs of weight to a bike that was designed to be as light and maneuverable as possible?

If it even makes it to the states, which if it doesn't, KTM is crazy, would make the ultimate girl bike, IMHO!

Watch the video posted above, and that is the type of riding this bike was made for.
Think of your ADV riding more along the lines of exploring the 100 acres of woods down the street you have always wanted to, but your big bike, with bags and such always keep you from doing it.

Bundy
I don't have a big bike, hell I don't even have two bikes. Right now I just have a WR250X that started life as an R. I've ridden it all over the damn place, 30k miles since I bought it new in January 2010. Some of that is exploring the woods near my house, some of that is running the ORV trails that are about a 3 hour ride each way away from home, a lot of it is just plain commuting, and some of it is loaded up for 3 week camping trips (my gear weighs in around 40 pounds total btw)

The only thing I'd change on it is the weight, much much rather have something 220 pounds when I ride a through the woods over the 300 pounds of my WRR. Hell at 220 pounds I'd be tempted to try an enduro or a hare scramble and such, which is something I'd expect the Freeride 350 to handle just fine for my not-quite-C-class riding skills. But if it can also run relatively smoothly and with similar comfort to my WRR on the street too? It suddenly becomes the perfect dual sport for me.
skierd is offline   Reply With Quote