View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 11:09 AM   #593
Box'a'bits OP
In need of repair

Oddometer: 1,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
Maybe Sutherlands Hut or something similar - provided we can find a nice day - maybe this weekend?
Doesn't look like Saturday after all, 'cause the weather is supposed to be variable. What about Sunday?

LIST OF MODIFICATIONS, REPLACEMENT PARTS ETC
A friend asked me that most dangerous of questions the other day. 'What on your bike is non oem new parts, modified stock parts, & renewed stock parts'. That had me thinking, so I thought I'd record it now. I won't total up all the costs, & no, I could not sell the bike for what I have invested in it.

Starting at the front (updated 21/11/12):

Aftermarket / non BMW:
- YZ250F front end, ie triple clamps, forks, axle, & wheel. The forks have been shortened initially to 225mm travel, now 250mm. The springs have been cut by 75mm, (but I've now put in a 25 mm spacer in order to make up for some of the shortening). New flat ends made on the springs. New bushes & seals throughout (several times ). The steering stem has been modified with a 20mm spacer & sleeve to fit the BMW headstock;
- EBC Supermoto 320mm brake rotor, adapter, & YZ250 brake caliper, running a stainless braided brake line
- Rok Risers
- Initially Pro Taper 'Raptor' bars, now Sunline CRF bars
- Barkbusters
- Oxford heated grips. Wiring to include a relay to allow these to go off when the ignition is switched off
- Baja designs 8" race light.
- The light reflector has been replaced with a Hella semisealed unit, using a Boatmans H4 conversion ring.
- The light is running a 90/130 H4 bulb, & 20w halogen pilot bulb, all run off relays & upgraded wiring
- KTM indicators (front & rear)
- Homemade indicator / speedo mount / ignition mount
- Vapor Speedo, with the additional idiot light panel. Filament bulbs switched to LEDs
- HPN tank
- Hardhead valve cover protectors
- Enduralast Alternator
- '78 Gearbox & clutch - because the origial gearbox has issues & this was available
- Ohlins rear shock
- Touratech bag mounts
- Touratech Zega hard bags
- Uni Filter air cleaner
- Gearbox oil sight glass
- Pivot pegs
- Bashplate (prior owner home made)
- Keihan 38mm headers, Cycleworks made Y Pipe & link to an SV 1000 Mufflier. Previous stock headers couple to a stainless collector box made by the prior owner, & stock muffler. Experiments with a Keihan 2 into 2 - but I could not recommend that.
- Replacement LED Tail Light insert

- Tokico 4 pot caliper conversion (ex RGV250), with alloy adapter link & custom stainless brake line - SOLD

Stock modified:
- Roobars, & fairing removed
- Wiring loom shortened
- Seat modified to fit the HPN tank
- Oil cooler relocated from the crashbar to the centre of the frame
- Rear brake lever modified to improve leverage
- Increasing the wading depth of a Paralever GS (float breather mod)

Stock renewed:
- Clutch. Replaced pressure plates, friction plate etc
- Clutch pushrod bush
- Carb jets, seals etc, as well as carb top stainless allen screws, choke & throttle cables etc
- Swingarm paralever pivot bearings & pivot
- Gearbox output seal
- 9.5:1 pistons fitted, & re-ringed

Available for sale:
- Forks, axle, stock brake caliper, cross laced front wheel - SOLD
- Roobars, fairing, front inidcators, headlight, & instruments - SOLD

PS. June '12 - Running the heavy flywheel & clutch pack, & gearbox off the '78 RS, as Gus's had had an issue with the drainplug - which had been previously helicoiled.

It's just better when there's twins involved....

Box'a'bits screwed with this post 11-26-2013 at 01:38 AM Reason: Adding to the list as I think about it
Box'a'bits is offline   Reply With Quote