View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 09:05 AM   #71
drc42
Rally Dreamer

Oddometer: 1,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly99 View Post
Was reading the course description the other day and saw this info which I haven't seen discussed on the forum. Sounds like we'll be without the racers for a night?

On the evening of the 11th stage, motorcycle and quad riders will be accommodated in a specific bivouac. This should enable them to avoid a lengthy liaison section the following morning. An additional constraint has been introduced, as assistance vehicles will not have access to this bivouac. Vehicles will be parked in a maintenance area, to which only competitors who are involved in the race will have access
From what I recall it is usually typical to have a "marathon stage" with no support trucks for a night. However, usually all racers (bikes, cars, and trucks) are at the same bivouac so the "race trucks" which are really "support trucks" are there to help the bikes. This is the first one I know of where the bikes and quads will not be with the race trucks. Might level the field a bit if the big KTM guys (i.e. Cyril and Mark) truly do have to work on their own bikes.