View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 05:40 PM   #86
Deadly99 OP
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb McElroy View Post
The way it was in Morocco in 2007 was that the normal bivouac held everyone (assistance and car and truck racers) but the bikes went elsewhere.. They had a small stuff sack they could pack what the needed, and were given a couple wool blankets to sleep with. It won't be too far away (within a 100 miles or so), and that's why they forbid assistance, because if they didn't, teams would drive there first, help their riders, then drive to the normal bivouac.

Now, if they do it the same this year? Who knows.
Did they have to carry the stuff sack or was it transported for them via the organization?

Reading the day by day descriptions there looks to be a few brutal days......day one being one of them. An 800 km liaison . Damn! 800 km's on a 450 and a skinny seat. Freaking hard way to start a 14 day race

I was chatting with Ned the other day on the phone and mentioned that maybe a sheep skin for the day one liaison would be a wise idea and he says it's better to tough it out and start the process of "pain" and becoming numb....I've read a lot about this race over the years but the insider info I have been privilege to is making me even more in awe of what the racers will have to go through. Truly inspiring, I feel very lucky to be able to get the chance to sit on the sidelines and witness it first hand

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel

Deadly99 screwed with this post 11-18-2011 at 05:53 PM
Deadly99 is offline   Reply With Quote